We are a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, we work alongside growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, our portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans.
We are looking to disrupt farming through data. Our goal is to collect data from the farm in order to generate actionable insights with machine learning. The Data Science Engineering Team Lead will have a critical role in accomplishing our goals. They will architect and build scalable web systems that expose complex data models in easy to consume apis across tens of millions of acres of farming data. They will also be an important member of a highly efficient and cohesive engineering team that is focused on the customer’s needs and requirements.
- Partner w/ UI & API team to ensure seamless integration of deliverables into our software platform.
- Collaborate with Data Sciences to prioritize and flesh out backlog addressing highest priority Data Sciences production deliverables.
- Put crop models into production for actual on farm insight and making them available to the UI via api.
- Work with internal research teams and help build out internal DNA sequencing pipeline.
- Come up with guidelines/rules for both R and Python such that "productizing" project is as streamlined as possible.
- History of mentoring team members
- Experience implementing complex algorithms at scale
- Ability to stand up services and ensure 99.9 uptime with great performance
- Able to integrate all product releases into product life cycle and software development process from day 1
- Can work closely with Systems Architect to identify solutions that fit architecture
- Comfortable working with data science tooling (e.g. R and Python)
- Experience recruiting and leading an A-quality engineering team
- Knowledge of APIs/REST best practices
- Can work closely with Data Sciences and teams across all business verticals to understand problem space
- Demonstrated experience building high-quality, monitored software based on customer control metrics
- 5+ years of building scalable web services using a modern web frameworks in a micro services architecture
- Required: Strong skills in R, Python, machine learning algos; including: Numpy, Scikit, Matplotlib Nice to have: Deep learning (Tensorflow, Theano, etc), Bayesian modeling (STAN, Jags), Spark
- Intimate knowledge of designing and integrating with REST or GraphQL APIs
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of the differences between web and mobile application development and the tradeoffs of each
- Experience setting up monitoring solutions to track users and catch issues in Production
- Actively practicing lean / agile software methodologies or similar
- Experience working cross-functionally with Software Product Management, Architecture, User Experience and users to realize application development vision