About the Role
We're seeking a Software Engineer to design and develop our Predictive Analytics Engine. Successful candidates will live and breathe server-side development and be very interested in delivering Big Data commercial software at scale. This role will work closely with our research team to define, implement, and improve the technology at the heart of our personalization service.
- Deliver Software to the Market. Design, code, and test high quality software in Scala that will be used by millions of consumers every day. Drive solutions from end to end in an agile, iterative, environment.
- Use Machine Learning. Apply machine learning techniques to design and build software approaches for matching consumers with the apparel they love and that fits them well.
- Create Algorithms that Scale. Design, validate, and implement custom algorithms in conjunction with our team of data scientists. You will need to figure out how wrangle Big Data into real-world applications where there isn't time to hit a disk.
- Learn. Quickly learn and use new technologies: Scala, Machine Learning, Distributed Computing, Spark, Hadoop.
- Focus on Performance. Performance is at the center of everything we do, and we have to be that way to service recommendations in under ten milliseconds.
- Work with others. You will work with product managers and scientists to come up with ways to invent, productize, and support predictive analytics applications.
Qualifications and Skills
- 4+ years as a software engineer with progressive levels of responsibility
- Scala preferred, Java or C++ acceptable, Python helpful
- Commercial software: Significant experience developing and releasing commercial software products that use analytic or machine learning technologies to solve business problems.
- Machine learning techniques and technologies helpful.
- Big Data experience with Spark helpful: expert skills designing for large data, relational databases and experience with Hadoop, enterprise-level data management experience crunching vast amounts of data.
- Software Design: Ability to understand business requirements and develop analytic solutions to complex problems.
- Software Analysis: Ability to analyze complex data and present results to business users; report building and data visualization skills a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (Math, Physics, Engineering, and/or Computer Science) is required.
- Motivated: You love this stuff, are a self-starter with a can do attitude.
- Soft skills: You have strong listening and communications skills, and an ability to drive solutions independently.
Benefits and Perks
- We offer our employees health care, paid time off, retirement savings plans, parental leave, and professional development opportunities.
- We also provide in-office meals; a fully stocked kitchen; an open office full of fun, generous, and friendly people; plus company outings.