We enable manufacturers to manage, optimize and syndicate product content to online retailers such as Amazon, Wayfair and Jet. Our place at the center of the ecommerce ecosystem uniquely positions us to understand how manufacturers invest in and optimize product content for sale. We are looking for a driven, experimental and collaborative Principal Software Engineer to join our analytics team to help us tackle the challenges of eCommerce analytics and content optimization.
As a technical lead for our analytics team, you will have the dual goal of continuing to drive rapid experimentation and setting the technical direction for our data pipeline, storage and visualization. In this role, you will be completely hands-on. You will mentor a small team of both technically talented and customer-focused engineers while building our analytics platform.
We believe in the power of collaboration in making the right product choices. We believe that good ideas become great ideas through respectful and open discussion of customer, business and technical concerns. We love great communicators who experiment daringly, take ownership of their work and constantly find ways they can make our product and company better.
You have experience...
- Rapidly prototyping new tools in a fast-moving environment
- Leading highly talented, independent teams to deliver high quality software
- Mentoring and driving career development conversations for both junior and senior engineers
- Building web applications and APIs people love to use
- Working with server-side frameworks like Ruby on Rails
- Defining and developing concrete goals and product features from user requirements and high-level product direction
- Solving complex problems
- Thinking about the entire architecture of the system and how to work effectively as a team
- Building data pipelines, data warehousing and ETL
- Demonstrably strong object-oriented design skills
- Good fundamental knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- We have.......Unlimited coffee in a wide range of flavors, as well as cold brew on tap
- A rotating menu of snacks, with weekly lunches on us
- Desks that convert to standing or sitting with the push of a button
- A fantastic location with every flavor of public transportation in close walking distance
- A long standing history of celebrating milestones and company successes as a team
- A commitment to supporting ongoing learning through funding conference attendance and other professional development resources
- A palpable excitement, optimism and commitment to the success of our company across our team