We are a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Our platform helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We have multiple web applications that serve different classes of users ranging from consumers using our online-ordering platform, to restaurant general managers doing back-of-house administration, to our internal tools for support, services and engineering. This is good for the guest experience and good for the restaurant!
We are looking for an experienced engineer who can help us grow and scale a modern front-end stack while contributing to the development of features and infrastructure. We are looking for a Senior/Principal front end engineer to help build modern, intuitive UIs that administer complex menu structures and drive our front end architecture and patterns forward. This role is on our publishing and configuration team; they work on the overall back office interface, and administering a complex tree based menu structure for multiple locations that includes complex pricing and discount logic. Make an impact by making it easy for our customers to change a price at a single location, or build out a brand new menu that crosses hundreds of locations safely and intuitively!
Some projects we’ve been working on recently, include:
- Building out an Angular 4 pattern library
- Discount administration with rules and triggers
- Moving our front end build to yarn
As a Senior/Principal Front End Engineer on the configuration and publishing team, you will:
- Write code that ships to production
- Be part of a team working with UX, PM, QA and other engineers building web applications
- Define best practices and help choose technologies to evolve our current front-end stack while writing world-class applications
- Mentor other engineers to be effective on the front-end stack
If you’re someone that:
- Wants to work on systems that help real businesses grow
- Enjoys building well-engineered, usable/accessible systems
- Understands modern web standards and technologies (ES6, HTML5, React, Angular for example), and can apply them to build fully responsive webpages, beyond pixel-perfect versions of comps
- Is open to the challenge of evolving legacy code (e.g., jQuery) to meet the team’s current standards
- Has experience in some frontend subspecialty such as design (Sketch, Photoshop, Balsamiq), build systems (webpack, gulp, babel), performance and security (profiling, CDNs, CORS, CSRF protection)
- Communicates clearly up, down and across teams
- Balances getting things done with making things perfect
- Skilled at getting unblocked
- Takes pride in mentoring other developers
- Loves working with a team of awesome, collaborative co-workers
- Likes to get involved in deciding what gets built to solve for the customer and the company
We’d love to talk!