As part of this position, you will work closely with architects, software engineers and operations to design, build, deploy, manage and operate our development, test and global production environments. You will build and maintain tools to ensure our applications meet our stringent SLA's in a fast paced culture with a passion to learn and contribute. We are a looking for a strong engineer with a can do attitude.
• You will build and maintain tools and programs to operate, deploy and monitor our global distributed platform
• Assist the dev team in implementing best practices for software build and deployment.
• Manage and improve our Jenkins and Puppet infrastructure.
• Assist with environment setup, automation, and streamlining the stand up and scaleout of infrastructure.
• Develop and improve our monitoring and alerting systems
• Assist with organization wide security considerations.
• Assist with capacity planning and load testing of our applications.
• Automate the deployment of our platform and all the systems it depends on.
• 2 - 4 +years of strong background in Linux Administration (preferably Debian based distributions such as Ubuntu)
• Experience with MySQL & NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra, Redis, Hadoop
• Working knowledge of infrastructure as code.
• Practical experience managing a queueing system such as RabbitMQ.
• Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
• Experience with AWS is required.
• Experience with monitoring tools like Nagios or xymon.
• Experience with Continuous integration/delivery tools like Jenkins
• At least 1 year experience with ECS, DC/OS, Mesosphere, or Kubernetes.
• Experience with security best practices is a plus
• Knowledge of best practices for running high scale and availability applications on the cloud