We are the strongest team in an industry where software has been under-appreciated for far too long. Mechanical engineering tools are stuck in the 90s and iteration time is measured in days (sometimes weeks) rather than hours. We have proven to the world that same day hardware development is not only possible but accessible today. Help us fulfill the promise of 3D printing and bring metal-strength manufacturing to the masses.
As our 7th Software Engineer and first DevOps Engineer, you will have tons of project ownership and responsibility. We move at a breakneck pace but refuse to compromise on quality. Your ideas will directly influence the company's future. You will do interdisciplinary work on physical systems and learn from best-of-the-best engineers across MatSci, Mech-E, EE, and Software.
To succeed here, you need to be a quick learner and have a passion for software engineering. You don't need prior experience with 3D printing or our software stack; you can pick up those skills on the job.
You will be building automation, improving monitoring and security, troubleshooting issues, and analyzing performance. You should be comfortable writing code, designing scalable services, and operating a customer-facing web application with high uptime requirements.
What You Will Work On
- Manage and improve our infrastructure to ensure the uptime and performance of our software platform
- Work side by side with the rest of the software team to design scalable and supportable services
- Continually evaluate the security of our systems and applications, with an emphasis on data security
- Work with other engineers to determine tool requirements, then drive the implementation, documentation, maintenance, and improvement of these tools
- Build automation for routine, simple, and complex tasks
- Troubleshoot and resolve active production issues
- Collaborate with peers and key stakeholders to develop and maintain disaster recovery processes
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Learn, extend, and maintain our build, deploy, config, metrics, and alerting systems
What We Look For
- 5+ years of operations engineering experience supporting global 24x7x365 web applications
- A strong desire to minimize the operational overhead of systems, large and small
- Expertise with AWS (EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, ElastiCache, IAM, KMS, etc)
- Experience with managing applications on Heroku
- Experience managing several large scale deployments
- Expertise in troubleshooting complex customer-facing systems
- Experience supporting CI/CD platforms and related software development tools
- Working knowledge of Postgres and Redis
- Comfortable with Linux, security, and networking fundamentals
- A passion for ownership and technical excellence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or equivalent