A fast growing Series A startup located in Boston, we're a group of construction business owners in the Boston area determined to find an efficient alternative to an antiquated dump truck hiring and management workflow. Due to our recent funding, we're looking to scale out our engineering team (currently a team of 7) and add a sharp Principal Back-end Java Engineer to the team who can help us reach the next level!
- 8+ years of experience owning Java server side functionality, including Java 8
- Deep understanding of web technologies and RESTful API design and best practices required; experience using nginx, Jetty, Jersey, and DropWizard strongly preferred
- Solid SQL fundamentals, including query and data model design
- Hands-on experience creating and consuming Docker containers
- Comfort and familiarity with agile process management
- Experience managing distributed processing systems such as Docker swarm, DC/OS, or Kubernetes highly desirable