We are the #1 online - and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States – a $22 billion market. Our 2M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings.
You’d lead a half-dozen-ish of our very bright and insanely helpful engineers as they deliver great code, and grow professionally and personally. You’ll do hands-on work, too, because we all do.
What you’ll do:
- Build industry leading web applications in Ruby on Rails, React, and GraphQL
- Lead and mentor a talented team of engineers to execute on projects, delight customers, and propel the business even higher into the stratosphere
- Collaborate with equally as talented peers, helping to scale our organization 2-3x, again and again
- Improve team/process performance at every chance you get (we believe speed itself is a feature)
- Evolve the user experience based on A / B test results and statistics
- Tackle exciting scaling challenges
- Implemented (and thought a lot about) powerful teams, lean processes, and continuous releases.
- Extensive full-stack web development experience. We hope you acquired that in an e-commerce and/or marketplace setting.
- Strong working knowledge of modern server-side and client-side frameworks. Ruby, Rails, and React would be a huge plus.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and relational databases. Postgres? Even better.
- A good balance between ‘Move fast and break things’ and ‘Be reliable’. We summarize that as ‘Aim high. Be grounded’.
- A sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science – or the real-world equivalent.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office smack-dab in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.