Who are we?
We're a Series A funded weather forecasting startup founded by a team from MIT Sloan and Harvard Business School! We provide high-definition weather forecasting tools to businesses and governments worldwide and are experiencing explosive growth! We are a group of smart and passionate engineers including some of the brightest meteorologists in the industry and are looking for senior engineers who want to make a big impact and help us become the best weather forecaster in the world!
What it’s all about
You are an experienced engineer who knows how to build the solid APIs and backend processes that power our applications. You have a passion for scalable high performance architectures. But you look for the one thing no big tech company can offer you: a chance to make a great impact – changing the way people live around the globe in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
What it takes
At least 5 years of relevant experience
Education and Experience
- Extensive experience with Modern Single Page Application Frameworks, ie. Angular / React / Vue and Flux pattern.
- Experience in developing large-scale, customer facing web applications and APIs using cloud services
- Strong backend experience: Node.js
- Understanding of HTTP protocol, RESTful APIs, SaaS models
- Knowledge of database architecture (MongoDB or similar)
- Be smart and be eager to learn.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with AWS or GCP.
- Some Devops knowledge. Some experience with docker and container orchestration.
- Knowledge of other languages, ecosystems, and build tools (ie. Python, JVM, .NET)
- Mobile application development experience
- You’ve been part of an early stage scaling startup before