We are the #1 online - and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States – a $22 billion market. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners and Iconiq Capital, we’re on a path to $1B in 2019, and we’ll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
You’d lead a half-dozen-ish of our very bright and insanely helpful engineers as they deliver great code, and grow professionally and personally. You’ll do hands-on work, too, because we all do.
What you’ll do:
- Build industry leading web applications in Ruby on Rails, React, and GraphQL
- Lead and mentor a talented team of engineers to execute on projects, delight customers, and propel the business even higher into the stratosphere
- Collaborate with equally as talented peers, helping to scale our organization 2-3x, again and again
- Improve team/process performance at every chance you get (we believe speed itself is a feature)
- Evolve the user experience based on A / B test results and statistics.
- Tackle exciting scaling challenges
- Implemented (and thought a lot about) powerful teams, lean processes, and continuous releases.
- Extensive full-stack web development experience. We hope you acquired that in an e-commerce and/or marketplace setting.
- Strong working knowledge of modern server-side and client-side frameworks. Ruby, Rails, and React would be a huge plus.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and relational databases. Postgres? Even better.
- A good balance between ‘Move fast and break things’ and ‘Be reliable’. We summarize that as ‘Aim high. Be grounded’.
- A sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science – or the real-world equivalent.