Who Are We:
We are a rapidly growing Big Data Management and Analytics software company. Our software allows IT departments and
their business users to semantically link, analyze, and manage diverse data, whether internal or external, structured or unstructured, with speed, at big data scale and at the fraction of the implementation costs of using traditional approaches
We are seeking a highly skilled Java or Scala Engineer to join our engineering team as a technical lead. The successful candidate will be a seasoned Java and/or Scala professional with 5+ years of experience. As a leader, you'll help plan and define major new initiatives and work with a team of talented engineers to help bring them to reality. Familiarity with Apache Spark or another distribution framework is a strong plus, as this role will help build out our solutions for large-scale processing of data in distributed environments. This is an opportunity to join a world class team pioneering Web 3.0 semantic technologies.
● Experience leading an engineering team, even if only in an informal capacity. You must be able to bring ideas to reality, managing hurdles along the way.
● A passion for organizing software development projects from inception to launch, including making architectural decisions, considering effects on existing solutions, working with other developers, and keeping an eye on all the details.
● This is still a hands on role — you'll be actively involved in developing software components and products for our enterprise platform using Java and Scala technologies.
● Some experience with Hadoop, Apache Spark, MapReduce, or other distributed computing environments a strong plus. ● Proven track record of writing high-quality, testable, maintainable, and well-documented code
● Responsible for the detailed design documentation, development, unit testing, and maintenance of internally developed applications. ● Object-oriented analysis and design skills.
● Semantic Web technologies (RDF, OWL, SPARQL) not a prerequisite, but an advantage.
● Self-disciplined with strong attention to detail.
● Excellent written and oral communications. ● Energetic and self-starting.
What We Offer:
● Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability insurances, 401(k), and pre-tax commuter & healthcare benefits starting on your first day.
● A flexible vacation policy, 8 paid holidays, and the opportunity to work remotely on occasion.
● Up to 3 months of annual gym membership reimbursement, and the opportunity to earn cash for staying healthy.
● A membership to WeWork, which provides vibrant, collaborative, and fun work space all over the world (plus free cold brew, espresso, and snacks).
● The opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest minds in the Big Data space!