Who Are We:
We are a rapidly growing Big Data Management and Analytics software company. Our software allows IT departments and
their business users to semantically link, analyze, and manage diverse data, whether internal or external, structured or unstructured, with speed, at big data scale and at the fraction of the implementation costs of using traditional approaches.
We are seeking a highly skilled Java or Scala Engineer to work on the core of our semantic platform. The successful candidate will be a seasoned Java and/or Scala professional with 5+ years of experience. Familiarity with Apache Spark and Hadoop infrastructures is a strong plus, as this role will help build out our solutions for large-scale processing of data in distributed environments. This is an opportunity to join a world class team pioneering Web 3.0 semantic technologies.
● Develop software components and products for our enterprise platform using Java and Scala technologies
● Some experience with Hadoop, Apache Spark, MapReduce, or other distributed computing environments
● Experience in one or more of the following areas strongly preferred: machine learning, statistical modeling, optimization, algorithms, analytics software development, big data analytics, data mining, or predictive analytics
● Proven track record of writing high-quality, testable, maintainable, and well-documented code
● Responsible for the detailed design documentation, development, unit testing, and maintenance of internally developed applications ● Object-oriented analysis and design skills
● Semantic Web technologies (RDF, OWL, SPARQL) not a prerequisite, but an advantage
● Ability to work independently as well as with a team
● Self-disciplined with strong attention to detail
● Excellent written and oral communications
● Energetic and self-starting
What We Offer
● Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability insurances, 401(k), and pre-tax commuter &
healthcare benefits starting on your first day
● A flexible vacation policy, 8 paid holidays, and the opportunity to work remotely on occasion
● Up to 3 months of annual gym membership reimbursement, and the opportunity to earn cash
for staying healthy
● A membership to WeWork, which provides vibrant, collaborative, and fun work space all over
the world (plus free cold brew, espresso, and snacks)
● The opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest minds in the Big Data space!