As the world’s largest online live auction marketplace, we're rapidly disrupting the traditional auction industry by bringing millions of passionate bidders and buyers to the virtual doorstep of auction houses around the world. Featuring an industry-leading live online bidding platform, we allows consumers to bid in real-time in the world’s premier auctions from their home, office or mobile device.
As the leading developer of SaaS and e-commerce applications for the auction industry, we provide auctioneers with marketing and e-commerce solutions across our web properties, as well as access to the company’s auction management software. Our best-in-class historical price database includes more than 58 million complete auction results, totaling more than $204 billion in value. Founded in 1989 in Boston, we have offices in Pennsylvania and the United Kingdom.
As a Lead/Principal Front-End Engineer, you will help drive the architectural direction of our applications and lead a team of talented engineers, using new web standards and frameworks such as React/Redux, Node.js/Express, and ES6. Our applications have to be fast, scalable, and maintainable as they solve technical challenges unique to expanding online participation in live events. Your vision will help us build new codebases and extend our current ones, creating the next generation of performant Node.js applications.
What We’re Looking for:
- React/Redux, Angular.js, Ember.js or Vue.js
- Experience with NodeJs and Express or similar web framework
- Experience building web applications with a responsive UI framework (Bootstrap/scss or equivalent)
- Experience with Unit Testing Frameworks (Mocha / Chai / Enzyme)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of RESTful API development
- Deep understanding of current and emerging trends of the web platform and a passion to quickly learn new technologies
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills and willingness to mentor
- A collaborative and dedicated team player
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to build cutting-edge software with innovative technology
- Competitive salary and a meaningful equity
- 401(k) match
- Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 3 weeks paid vacation + retention days, 12 holidays, summer Fridays
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages
- Weekly catered lunch
- An office culture that values work/life balance