We are a venture-backed insurance technology firm where world-class computer scientists, economists, market designers and industry practitioners are working together to build a modern risk transfer marketplace for the $1 trillion reinsurance industry. Our "SmartMarkets" platform incorporates intelligent market design, state-of-the-art auction technology and sophisticated optimization techniques to vastly improve how risk is transferred around the world. As a bold company where Engineering works in close partnership with Product, we move rapidly from ideation to production, iterating and validating new concepts internally and with beta customers and delivering production-quality code.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial Full Stack Software Engineer to join our fast-growing development team in Boston. Does this sound like you?
• You have a proven history of delivering well-engineered applications using cloud technologies.
• You design and develop significant new functionality as well as long-lasting, reliable, and scalable backend services.
• You take ownership through the full software development lifecycle.
• You have excellent communication skills and are comfortable interacting frequently and closely with partners across different functions.
• You enjoy working closely and iteratively with Product Owners in a fast-paced agile environment. Responsibilities
• Lead all aspects of software development including design, implementation, testing, deployment, documentation, and ongoing support and maintenance.
• Work in partnership with the Product and Market Design teams and other partners to produce high quality functionality that you can turn around quickly.
• Provide estimates and dependencies for engineering tasks.
• Manage your own individual project priorities and deadlines.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Math, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• Familiarity with the entire web stack, including infrastructure, database, backend and frontend.
• SQL - when to use it and when to avoid it. You also have experience evaluating query plans to diagnose and resolve performance issues.
• Demonstrated experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and containerization tools such as Docker, and a passion for continually improving your development skill set and tooling.
• Experience with React, Angular, or other modern web frameworks, and comfort getting into CSS when needed.
• Extensive experience with backend development: you understand inversion of control and functional programming, and continually look for improvements in design and implementation that result in better usability, testability and extensibility.
More about us
• We are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching.
• We love challenging ourselves to constantly improve and sharing our knowledge to empower others.
• We care about solving big, systemic problems.
• We look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that we can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem.
• We believe in not only serving clients, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools.