As a Principal UI Engineer on the Marketplace team, you’ll create web, mobile, and desktop applications that integrate with a rich ecosystem of services to power our Marketplace platform.
Our Marketplace is changing how food is produced and sold—in the U.S. now, and soon around the world. Today, growers don’t have incentive to grow higher-quality crops. In fact, since grain is commoditized, growers’ main incentive is to simply grow as much volume as possible.
Our Marketplace flips the current model on its head by connecting growers directly with buyers and preserving crop identity. This means that growers get paid a premium for growing organic and similarly desirable crops.
Your expertise in interface design and software architecture will help us deliver a world-class front-end to our growing suite of world-class marketplace products.
As a Principal UI Engineer you’ll:
- Design and implement user-facing applications. Today that means working in a React, Typescript, and GraphQL stack.
- Lead projects end to end, from design to implementation to deployment to production support, communicating risks and issues to stakeholders, and working together to find a path forward.
- Leverage your expertise to provide technical constraints and solutions to product managers, with a focus on incremental delivery.
- Collaborate with product managers, back-end engineers, and data science engineers to spec, build, test and deploy high quality code in the cloud.
- Promote applicable design patterns, refactoring code where necessary, to maintain organizational consistency.
- Ensure that all APIs are adequately tested in an automated framework, including functional and performance tests.
- Expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers.
- Design product and infrastructure solutions that favor fast, incremental delivery but are extensible and scalable enough to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business and user base.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- You’ve been building front-end web applications professionally for 5+ years.
- You’re able to research, propose, and evangelize new technologies or software patterns to improve the software ecosystem.
- You’re a strong communicator. You can convey technical concepts and trade-offs to both engineering and business audiences.
- You have prior experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self awareness.
- You are a perpetual learner and passionate about technology.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and data management.
Nice to Haves
- You have deep experience in one or more imperative programming languages. We work primarily in TypeScript/JavaScripit, but alternate experience is acceptable.
- You have experience working with a cloud provider such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- You have built production grade application using one or more of the following: Typescript, Node, GraphQL, Apollo, React
- You have developed software that deals directly with transactional systems, trading systems, e-commerce platforms, or marketplaces.
We are a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, we work alongside growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, our portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice.