Senior Back-End Engineer
We are looking for a talented Ruby on Rails developer with 5+ years of web application development experience to join our successful, growing, and well-funded startup in Boston. We know you’re out there and want to be part of something meaningful!
● Architect, develop, and maintain enhancements to our constantly-evolving, cloud-based contract analytics platform and ensure it scales properly with our growing customer base.
● Collaborate with product managers as well as front-end engineers in a high-speed, agile environment.
● Set, maintain, and enforce back-end technology standards for the engineering team.
Requirements We're looking for a teammate with:
● Proficiency in Ruby (we use 2.4+) and Ruby on Rails (we use 5.1+) with a good understanding of tried-and-tested design patterns
● A solid grasp of relational database technologies (we use PostgreSQL)
● Extensive experience with: ○ Full-stack, high-scale applications with distinct front-end and back-end layers; the interactions between them ○ AWS or other large cloud infrastructure-as-a-service ○ API creation and consumption, specifically for integrations ○ Testing (we use Rspec) ○ Authorization and authentication (i.e. JWT, OAuth, SAML) ○ Web app resource management (i.e. memory usage, server processes) ○ Web application security (i.e. SQL injection, CSRF, XSS)
● Familiarity with devops concepts such as: ○ Logging ○ Cloud resource management ○ Encryption ○ Connection pools ○ Sharding
● Experience with search technologies (we use Elasticsearch) is a plus.
As an engineer here, you must be self-motivated and a team player. You must also possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and a passion for building high-quality products.
We are a contract storage and analytics cloud platform that, powered by machine learning and protected by enterprise-level security, makes searching and reporting on contracts much easier. You can store all your agreements in our secure cloud, search the full text of all your documents, and instantly run and share reports with your team. Three years ago we had just one client; now we have over 100 and are continuously exceeding our revenue goals due to the value proposition of our offerings. As a constantly growing and evolving team, we are always looking for new talent to take our technology to the next level. We are looking for smart, friendly, and dedicated engineers to help build new features and products. As a company, we're customer- and sales-driven in every technical decision we make; the focus on customer delight is baked into our culture. We need someone with the enthusiasm and creativity to make bold moves and ultimately help shape our company. You would report to the VP of Engineering and work alongside the engineers to evolve the platform as well as engineering processes and standards. We need a person who approaches their job with energy and pride. And, we bet you need to be a part of a company that values its employees and holds them to high standards. All of our people are team players in the true sense of the word, have excellent troubleshooting and communication skills and have the ability to prioritize and reprioritize appropriately.
● Our compensation package, which includes a competitive salary and stock options
● A MacBook Pro
● Two HD monitors
● Unlimited vacation
● Stock options
● Great health and dental benefits
● Pre-tax commuter benefits (i.e. MBTA, Uber)
● All-you-can-eat snacks
● 401k - Coming in October!
● Company swag - We have the best socks in Boston!
● Friendly commuting options to Downtown Crossing