We are Boston startup located right in the heart of downtown Boston. We craft software helping thousands of ecommerce companies to have engaging relationships with hundreds of millions of consumers. We love tackling tough engineering problems, and push each other to move out of our comfort zone, learn new technologies and work hard to ensure each day is better than the last. We seek out full stack engineers who specialize in certain areas but are passionate about building, owning & scaling new features end to end. We relish breaking through obstacles & technical challenges and moving continually faster.
We are looking for Lead Software Engineers to own core areas of our platform: guiding the technical architecture and engineering teams in areas such as:
- Owning and optimizing the frontend experience of our app in conjunction with the Product team, ensuring existing features remain best-in-class while continually launching new capabilities allowing marketers to easily make data-driven decisions, and send targeted communication.
- Operating a reliable and scalable system to handle the chaotic world of 3rd party integrations. We integrates with 50+ discrete 3rd party platforms hitting tens of thousands of unique API endpoints on the web daily. We’re continually pulling billions of data points monthly, and are looking for a polyglot lead to manage our extensions and integrations.
Analytics & Segmentation
- Scaling a data pipeline & storage system already processing billions of events and doubling year over year. We are challenged to perform real-time segmentation of hundreds of millions of users, enabling our teams and our customers to answer complex queries in fixed time to gain insight.
Lead Engineers are expected to spend the majority of their time coding while also working to level up the engineers on their team. Opportunities are available both for Lead Engineers that want to manage team members and grow in people management skills and responsibilities, as well as those that strictly desire to progress on a technical leadership track.
What you’ll be doing:
Technologies We Use:
- Have the chance to wholly own features that thousands of our customers rely on daily to reach 100,000,000+ of consumers to drive their business forward.
- Work on crafting our highly scalable real-time data pipeline that processes billions of events monthly across data sets growing to petabyte scale.
- Lead your team by example, working with them to level up their code quality through code reviews and 1on1 mentorship, creating & vetting technical architectures, and writing code yourself that raises the bar for engineering.
- Be empowered to own the mission, technical direction and operations of projects that have immediate impact.
- Advance your technical skills in all facets ranging from front end web development and user experience to machine learning and massively parallelized data pipelines.
- Contribute to the company as a subject matter expert in multiple areas, constantly pushing yourself to be a better engineer and to level up all of your peers within your team and within our organization.
We operate a real-time data platform coded in Python built for massive scale on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Engineers come here with experience in a variety of languages and from a number of disciplines. The core platform is comprised of the following components that all engineers are expected to become extremely proficient:
Python, Django, Celery
MySQL, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Redis
Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, Aurora, etc.)Terraform, Ansible, Packer, and other DevOps tools
Problems We’re Solving
As a high growth startup we look for candidates that can rise to any occasion and seek out new opportunities to make their mark on our product. The following are examples of exciting projects the engineering team is working on:
Scaling our data processing systems to handle orders of magnitude more data and perform advanced analytics of billions of events in real time by innovating on event-driven data pipelines and building robust distributed data stores
Overhauling our frontend interfaces to dramatically increase information density and capabilities of our analytics and reporting system. We will enable powerful, expressive and flexible querying of our data sets without compromising the ease of use of the experience
Reliably integrating with 10s of thousands of remote API endpoints to process ecommerce data for historical and real-time syncs