In 2007, two software engineers and serial entrepreneurs
founded our company. We are the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and valued at over $1 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
Specifically for this role we’re looking for a Senior Data Architect who is passionate about developing high-quality data solutions. Our growth is driven by informed decisions in all corners of the company. We’re building a best-in-class data warehousing solution, and we need a data architect to partner with the product and other teams to own the overall data architecture and data models. We push ourselves every day to get more data, create a fantastic data analytics and data science experience for our users and craft real-world solutions to unlock the value of our information.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the architecture, design, and governance of our big data strategy
- Implement measures to organize and model our data, ensuring the accessibility, accuracy, security, and completeness are accounted for
- Research and suggest tools and technologies to improve data lake access, ingestion, storage, and processing methods
- Collaborate with product, software and architecture teams to review and make recommendations about the distributed data model for our products
- Stay up to date about compliance, regulatory and emerging industry standards and their impacts on our data solutions
- Monitor, refine and report on the performance of data management systems
- Work closely with and support our data consumers to develop data solutions and algorithms that make their jobs easier
- Treat data quality as a 1st class deliverable, because it is
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 7+ years architecting and delivering commercial cloud-based data lake solutions
- Extensive hands-on experience with SQL and database technologies, including data modeling at the business, logical, and physical levels
- Hands-on experience with a Big Data ecosystem using technologies such as Snowflake and/or RedShift
- Experience implementing data acquisition solutions using a variety of software solutions
- Experience with enterprise-scale BI and ML software solutions (e.g., Tableau, AWS Sagemaker, Periscope, Looker)
- Highly analytical, proactive, and detail-oriented, with a deep interest in data
- Interest in complex data challenges with a clear eye on what is important using the right methods to make the maximum use of time and human resources.
- Experience in metadata management, data lineage, data governance, and data security preferred
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, demonstrating thought leadership across multiple technical and business stakeholders and leaders
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With our unmatched transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.