Principal Engineer / Architect
Our Engineering team is adding speed and capacity by hiring talented engineers such as you. Alongside our agile teams, the Head of Development and our CTO, you'll be working with innovative technologies, processes and people to architect our Enterprise SaaS web application: Merchandising Cloud. Our vision is to provide the most robust platform in the world for two way collaboration between a company's headquarters and their retail stores.
You will provide technical and architect-level guidance to our technical leads and their teams as they design and develop key feature enhancements involving image recognition, machine learning, analytics, 3D visualizations and other innovative technologies.
This is a senior position for a self-motivated engineer that has done this before and relishes the opportunity to do it again. We are committed to developing software solutions that ensure the highest reliability, performance and user engagement for our clients.
What you will do:
- Architect, design, and develop software solutions that are functional, well tested, maintainable, efficient, elegant and adhere to best practices
- Analyze user needs and scope out technical and functional requirements to meet those needs
- Specify technical solutions in clear and concise written documentation
- Provide technical leadership, ensuring engineers understand our strategy and vision
- Collaborate across multiple agile teams with the Technical Leads, Developers, Testers, the Product Owner and UX Design teams
- Contribute as a senior level developer to projects requiring a high level of technical expertise, industry experience and product domain knowledge
- Represent us to clients and external partners as a technical expert
- Meet with clients to understand their needs and propose solutions that meet those needs
- Investigate and recommend new technologies, processes, and techniques to enhance Merchandising Cloud
- Mentor and guide other engineering team members in both technology and technique
Who you are:
- A talented, senior level engineer with a strong sense of pace and urgency
- Someone with a proven track record of being the “go to” technology expert
- Deep and wide knowledge of open source technology and technology trends
- A self-motivated individual with a deep sense of pride in your work
- An effective collaborator with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Client facing experience crafting solutions to real problems
What you have done:
- Working towards a B.S/M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- 8+ years engineering experience that includes architecting, designing, and developing enterprise scale web applications
- Experience in building systems with high performance, security, scalability and reliance
- Experience communicating with users, clients, other technical teams, and project management to understand requirements and describe software product features and technical designs
- Experience working with agile software development methodologies and key best practices
- Expert level knowledge of Git and relevant unit test frameworks
- Experience with public clouds such as AWS and Azure
- Bonus Points - Experience with one or more of the following:
- Machine learning and big data
- Real time processing technologies
- BI tools
- Ruby on Rails
- CI/CD pipelines
- NOSQL technologies
Why Work Here?
We have a culture here that people rave about, with flexible work options, excellent and comprehensive benefits, and competitive compensation.