Our mission is to create technologies that makes the precision medicine accessible. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We are a well funded (Series C) startup company with a plan to disrupt the clinical testing market. Our focus is on building NGS diagnostic and software solutions from the ground up, leveraging experiences in genomics, data analytics, clinical testing and patient focus to quickly innovate and penetrate the market. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, we're the place for you!
We are seeking a software engineer who is passionate about solving data processing algorithm and computation challenges in genome technologies and applications to clinical diagnostics. The applicant will be responsible for providing software support for our core technology and product development, with opportunities to design and build the infrastructure for data management and analysis.
This exceptional opportunity offers the chance to work at big data analysis and cloud development supporting the forefront of genomic and cellular understanding of cancer. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to innovate and to work closely with experimental, regulatory, biological and clinical collaborators.
- Develop and maintain software packages for the analysis of DNA high-throughput sequencing data.
- Work with software quality assurance and test engineers to evaluate algorithms and improve software products.
- Work closely with data scientists to evaluate and troubleshoot experimental methods. Capable of working in a team environment with good communication. Be trained to understand and work with ISO/FDA compliance on some IVD related software products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience programming in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python or other scripting languages. Familiarity with SQL and databases.
- Willingness to work hard and be creative in a fast-paced environment. Work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues.
- Proficiency in Linux and cloud computing
- A record of accomplishment.
- Extremely interested in software engineering problems as well as algorithm challenges.
- Familiarity with TDD and BDD methodologies.
- Knowledge of common bioinformatics tools and databases is a plus.
- Experience in bioinformatics and NGS.
- Capable of understanding and translating high-level scientific goals into concrete computational