Who We Are
We believe when it comes to fashion, it’s all about the details. Our personalization platform is strategically leveraged by 250 global retail sites, representing 17,000 brands and 175 million registered users. Since 2010, we have built the world’s largest data collective connecting consumers with apparel and footwear they will love and keep.
As our data collective continues to grow, so does our team! Let’s disrupt this $3 trillion industry together.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to join our team in Boston. You will play a key role in the development of our consumer-facing SaaS product, used by millions of shoppers.
While this role is based out of our Boston HQ, due to the ongoing response to COVID-19 all our employees are working on a remote basis, with a return date TBD. Once our offices are reopened, we can remain flexible and work together on a schedule that best suits your needs at the time.
Successful candidates will love building software applications from end-to-end. This role will involve working on everything from database design to algorithms to web-based user interfaces. It's a hands-on role with leadership responsibilities.
- Design and build new applications, features, and services to support our growing product suite
- Invent solutions to tough business problems. Work with product managers and customers to create achievable and meaningful innovation.
- Code and test – ship features using iterative development and continuous deployment
- Lead software projects. Develop project specifications, resource requirements, schedule details, milestones, deliverables, and priorities
- Research new technology, development, or management tools to improve quality and performance of products and processes
- Quickly learn and use the following technologies: Scala, AngularJS, Spark, MongoDB, Postgres, Google Cloud.
- Expertly review code. Contribute to system architecture and design decisions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years as a software engineer using Scala, Java, C++, or .Net
- Full-stack experience, including at least one modern web framework, such as AngularJS, React, or Vue
- Significant experience building and releasing commercial software products; enterprise software development a plus
- Significant experience designing highly available, fault-tolerant systems; experience with micro-service architectures a plus
- Strong understanding of web application security
- Strong SQL skills; Postgres and MongoDB knowledge a plus
- Team player with exceptional listening and communication skills
- Relentless desire to write high-quality code and level-up our technology
- Proven ability to understand business requirements and work through ambiguity
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (Math, Physics, Engineering, and/or Computer Science)
Together we’ve built a tight-knit culture that’s reflected in our Glassdoor reviews; “Great people, cool product … refreshing place to work … everyone actually works together like a team, employees are all pro-active and genuinely take pride in their work… growth potential plus culture … management is approachable, mindful of their people … opportunity to learn/work on new technology … you are an integral part of the success of the company… the work you are doing everyday really matters and makes a difference… managers provide autonomy and trust you … really innovative company, open to share ideas to make a better product… great culture with the right vision.”