We are a social media platform dedicated to empowering and advocating for the world’s workers. We develop technology to help people lead better, more meaningful work-lives – providing access to jobs, tools to take action, and a community for support. We are an affiliate of MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab, and collaborates with employers, nonprofits and government agencies to both improve, and diversify access to opportunity and participation in the workforce.
We are seeking out an Engineering leader to oversee our user-facing application development to drive our growth and impact on the workforce. Today, we host 110+ million registered members, 20+ million unique monthly visitors and Comscore ranks us as the 3rd largest online career resource.
- Lead the overall planning, development, and deployment of all end-user-facing applications on our websites and native mobile applications.
- Responsible for managing managers and senior individual contributors in building high-scale consumer experiences for web and native app.
- Managing the full team and creating a hiring plan to scale the team with the growth of the business.
- Define and drive architectural strategy to enable a superlative customer experience that includes security, scalability, and resilience as default characteristics.
- Deeply understand, define, and drive our business strategy forward through not just technology-based innovation but also in influencing our product and organizational growth strategies.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including product management, product design, performance marketing, analytics, sales and partnerships, and others throughout the business to give input into the end-to-end customer experience.
Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of consumer software development and software management experience, especially in managing multiple teams and managers in high growth companies.
- Strong record of thriving in a customer-obsessed product development environment with evidence of helping to define and influence overall product strategy.
- Experience in building high-scale microservice-based systems that are optimized around lean software development and DevOps practices.
- Proven track record of scaling a team in high-growth companies, not just in number of team members but also in developing team member capabilities and skills.
- History of building accountability and success by setting measurable goals and metrics for your teams.
- Ability to set strategic direction in working with senior cross-functional partners and executives, but also loves getting your hands dirty executing with the team.
- A high level of comfort and fluency with data and analytics, as this role requires extensive data-driven testing and data-informed decision-making.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing, high-growth environment.