Director of Software Engineering
Engineering - Boston, MA - Full Time
Who We Are
We believe when it comes to fashion, it’s all about the details. Our personalization platform is strategically leveraged by 250 global retail sites, representing 17,000 brands and 175 million registered users. Since 2010, we have built the world’s largest data collective connecting consumers with apparel and footwear they will love and keep.
As our data collective continues to grow, so does our team! Let’s disrupt this $3 trillion industry together.
While this role is based out of our Boston HQ, due to the ongoing response to COVID-19 all our employees are working on a remote basis, with a return date TBD. Once our offices are reopened, we can remain flexible and work together on a schedule that best suits your needs at the time.
We are seeking a Director of Software Engineering to lead an engineering team that is building the world's most advanced retail personalization platform. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the design and implementation of process, technology and product features experienced by millions of consumers daily.
- Build and manage three squads that own recommendation technology, consumer experience, and infrastructure
- Manage a team of 10 to 15
- Grow and nurture the development of an outstanding team of engineers
- Collaborate with Product, Science, and customer facing leaders to design and execute product roadmaps
- Drive improvements in process, technology, and execution
- Oversee the execution of multiple projects, aligning resources, timelines, and dependencies
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to align engineering execution with business results
- Communicate constantly; ensure transparency, collaboration, and feedback both inside and external to your team
- Contribute to architecture and design decisions. Lead efforts to build and maintain a highly scalable software platform
Desired Skills and Experience
- 12+ years of experience building commercial software
- Prior experience in a leadership role within engineering organizations
- SaaS experience is a must; both enterprise and consumer experienced desired
- Deep understanding of Agile strategies and methods, and evolving them for scale
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. Attention to detail is critical for this role
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience as a software engineer
- Strong listening and communications skills
- Highly motivated self-starter and proactive problem solver with a can-do attitude that wants to learn and grow
Together we’ve built a tight-knit culture that’s reflected in our Glassdoor reviews; “Great people, cool product … refreshing place to work … everyone actually works together like a team, employees are all pro-active and genuinely take pride in their work… growth potential plus culture … management is approachable, mindful of their people … opportunity to learn/work on new technology … you are an integral part of the success of the company… the work you are doing everyday really matters and makes a difference… managers provide autonomy and trust you … really innovative company, open to share ideas to make a better product… great culture with the right vision