We are a social media platform dedicated to empowering and advocating for the world’s workers. We develop technology to help people lead better, more meaningful work-lives – providing access to jobs, tools to take action, and a community for support. Jobcase is an affiliate of MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab, and collaborates with employers, nonprofits and government agencies to both improve, and diversify access to opportunity and participation in the workforce.
We are looking for an all-star Full Stack developer to help us build and manage our social media platform and growing network of career related websites. As a member of our Growth Engineering team, you will play a pivotal role in the day-to-day operations of our group helping to drive value for the business while at the same time empowering our members. The position calls for a detail-oriented individual capable of delivering high quality work in an engaging, intellectually challenging atmosphere.
What you’ll be doing here:
- Work with data analysts, product and project managers to build and maintain our growing suite of websites
- Help to drive new member acquisition and re-engage existing members
- Institute data driven AB test experiments across high volume site flows to optimize revenue and overall user experience
- Assist in migrating applications from Rails 4 AWS OpsWorks to Rails 6 AWS Elastic Beanstalk serverless environment
- Responsible for supporting and enhancing core internal applications used to communicate with our 100 million+ members
About you and your skills:
- Ruby and RoR enthusiast/guru, with experience working across all aspects of the framework (willing to consider candidates with comparable Web MVC experience with other frameworks)
- Experience working collaboratively in a fast paced, agile software development context