We’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Our goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, we add value along each step of the customer’s journey.
We've launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere - including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, our revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, we are primed to continue our acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, our app has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join the world-class engineering team at the company that’s redefining how people travel. As Senior or Principal Software Developer in the Virtual Interlining team, you will be directly responsible for designing, implementing, and deploying greenfield services and architecture that will power our efforts to provide cutting-edge synthetic flight inventory to our customers. Virtual Interlining is the process of generating trips using combinations of airlines that do not codeshare or have any standing business relationship. These virtually interlined trips are a completely unique inventory that provide incredible price-competitiveness to our customers.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Work closely with data science at the intersection of large-scale data-driven modeling and a highly performant infrastructure to deliver new flight inventory
- Ship your first code in days, iterating on features in an agile manner
- Make important architectural decisions about core backend systems
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Execute on big opportunities, helping us rise to the top of the travel industry
- Thrived in backend engineering positions and delivered user experience at scale
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
- A strong understanding of distributed systems and how architectural decisions affect performance and maintainability
- Experience building and maintaining systems leveraging complex modeling and data at scale
- Experience mentoring people at different stages in their career
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs and scales