KEY RESPONSIBILITIES We are looking for a career-defining opportunity to shape the future of our e-commerce order management application suite, inspiring the people, building the technology, and crafting the processes needed to bring our latest products to life, innovate and grow.
As the Director of Engineering, you will:
- Drive our collaborative Retail Systems culture, spanning our order management, payment services and internal tools capabilities for our businesses
- Scale the organization, recruiting top talent and putting the mentorship structures in place to drive personal and professional development
- Lead and mentor a world-class team of Software Engineers as you chart a course to expand our ecommerce capabilities
- Immerse yourself in the day-to-day operations of the team, championing process, driving execution and inspiring others by your example
- Develop a strategic technology vision for our retail platform, addressing customer needs within the context of our unique business dynamics
- Create and execute a staffing plan aligned with our business needs and technology vision
- Collaborate deeply with senior leadership in Engineering, Marketing, Creative and Merchandising
- Drive the evolution of our order processing technology, partnering heavily with both our web and mobile properties in addition to our warehouse management and logistics technology stacks
- Partner with senior Product and company leadership to drive rapid innovation in cross-functional teams
- Shape business direction and strategic company initiatives as a member of the Engineering Leadership Team, reporting to the SVP of Engineering.
This is an incredible role for the right person. The ideal candidate brings strong leadership and influencing skills to advance a balanced tech agenda across the organization. You have:
- Extensive experience cultivating high-performing, lean agile teams
- Experience with scaling back-office order processing and tooling technology
- An execution focus based on iterative, incremental development that embraces learning from failure
- A proven track record of attracting and retaining talent
- The ability to solve problems at the people and process level, so that we learn from every mishap
- Experience leveraging engineering expertise in cross-functional teams and externally, helping others see the tradeoffs in key decision.
We combine world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 35+ million loyal Members turn to us for everything from women, men and children’s apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.