Founded in 2018, we are the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA businesses, boasting a massive innovation platform that brings high quality products to market across digital marketplaces and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 5,000 Amazon companies, acquiring nearly 100 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of nearly 14,000 category-leading products, our brands outperform almost every other seller on Amazon. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to nearly 600 people globally--78% of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason we’re projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when we’re surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? We’d love to chat.
Data Access and Business Services (DABS) is responsible for the services that contain some of the most business-critical data such as the product catalog, inventory tracking, finance and marketing data. We work to ensure that our data is accessible to our warehouse so that it can be used to drive our intelligence efforts, and we work with the connectivity team to ensure that we’re syncing everything with the external sources we use. We also provide a suite of tooling to internal customers so that they can interact with and manage the functionality and data of our services.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Hire, retain and grow a team of software engineers. You will ensure that they operate effectively as a team, manage their careers, and foster a collaborative environment with product managers, designers and other colleagues.
- Take ownership over the productivity of the team and the quality of the work that the team produces
- Work with a product manager and stakeholders to find the right areas for your team to prioritize design and engineering efforts
- Participate and lead technical design discussions and work hands-on alongside your team when necessary.
- Play a key role in the overall engineering organization’s efforts to establish best practices and help refine our onboarding processes.
What You Bring to the Party:
- 8+ years of work experience including several years of leadership and people management
- Strong communication skills, both technical and non-technical, written and verbal
- Deep technical skills including architecture/design, data modeling and developing services in a service oriented architecture
- A sense of ownership over the areas you are responsible for
Nice to Haves:
- A computer science degree
- Expertise in modern front-end application architecture