Founded in 2018, we are the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA businesses, boasting a massive innovation platform that brings high quality products to market across digital marketplaces and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 5,000 Amazon companies, acquiring nearly 100 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of nearly 14,000 category-leading products, our brands outperform almost every other seller on Amazon. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to nearly 600 people globally--78% of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason we’re projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when we’re surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? We’d love to chat.
Data Access and Business Services (DABS) is responsible for the services that contain some of the most business-critical data such as the product catalog, inventory tracking, finance and marketing data. We work to ensure that our data is accessible to our warehouse so that it can be used to drive our intelligence efforts, and we work with the connectivity team to ensure that we’re syncing everything with the external sources we use. We also provide a suite of tooling to internal customers so that they can interact with and manage the functionality and data of our services.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Dig in and understand a large problem domain and how we might build software to make our business better or make the jobs of other teams here efficient. Evolve our architecture and design services and related resources to solve these business problems
- Work with a technical manager and a product manager to build out a team of strong engineers to execute on the priorities that you’ll define together
- Work closely with Data Connectivity and Data Warehouse teams to standardize on how data is represented in data warehouses and visualizations as well as across 3rd party services
- Play a key role in the overall engineering organization’s efforts to establish best practices and help refine our onboarding processes.
- Train and mentor junior engineers on the team and be a resource to engineers across the org
What You Bring to the Party:
- 6-8+ years of work experience
- You’re an expert at breaking down complex problems, visualizing a solution to them and designing software to do it
- Extensive experience working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) and designing data models
- Strong communication skills, both technical and non-technical
- Experience with continuous integration, test automation, and deployment
- Experience with observability in distributed and service-oriented systems
- Experience in microservice architecture design and best practices
- Experience with API design and best practices
- Exposure to modern frontend development technologies (e.g. React, Vue)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience defining and building a microservices platform
- Experience architecting client-side Single Page Applications