We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer who is going to have an immediate impact on our roadmap: from building the future of our API, to ensuring scalability, reliability and quality across our applications.
Responsibilities will include designing and ensuring the implementation of our internal and external data layers. You will work closely with the Data Engineering, Product Engineering and Product team to help bring new products to life.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Architecting high-availability SaaS products, from requirements gathering to socializing your thought process via our cross functional architecture group
- Leading Cross-Functional projects from idea to production and beyond
- A love of mentoring and teaching other team members.
- Familiarity with tradeoffs of a production API with customer traffic over the lifecycle of a SaaS platform, from greenfield to brownfield to deprecation/migration plans
- +9 years of experience in a role including technical leadership and system design
- Proficient understanding of both front end and back end system design and architecture
- Expert in at least one cloud vendor (AWS preferred), with experience in multi-cloud/multi-region environments. You’re familiar with automation tools/technologies and tradeoffs, and have enough stories to share with us about patterns vs. antipatterns.
- Proficient understanding of API design to support frameworks, such as AngularJS and ReactJS
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and automated CI/CD of platform systems
- Proficient in testing tools like Cypress (preferred), Mocha or Jasmine
- Experience with data display and data visualization techniques and libraries such as Datatables, D3.js and plotly.js
Nice to haves
- API gateway, service mesh, and kubernetes experience
- Rate-limiting, Caller-Pays, and SalesForce integration experience in API billing implementations
- DataDog, Gloo, and CloudFlare expertise
We are the world’s leading reputation data and insights company. We provide the only global platform for data-driven insights on Reputation, Brand, and ESG. Our proprietary model is the global standard for measuring and analyzing the sentiment of the world using proven data science models and machine learning techniques across industries and geographies.
Established in 2004, we own the world’s largest reputation benchmarking database of over 1 million company ratings per year used by CEOs, boards, and executives in more than 60 countries worldwide.