We are a high growth FinTech startup providing capital and data-driven insights to e-commerce businesses. As partners in growth, our team empowers sellers across multiple online marketplaces with the funding and the expertise to scale—UP AND TO THE RIGHT™.
Our team members are business operators, innovators, and motivators. In every department, we have growth on the mind: not only for our clients, but for our colleagues to reach their highest potential.
A unique opportunity for a highly skilled and motivated technology leader to spearhead a well-capitalized e-commerce-focused, FinTech spinout from a newly minted unicorn. Success in this position requires expertise and passion for global e-commerce, financial technology, and innovation. The CTO/Director of Technology will architect and lead the construction of our technology platform and participate in driving the strategic direction of the overall organization as a member of the executive team.
The CTO/Director of Technology is responsible for the strategy, design, architecture, and execution of technology and data science initiatives to propel our company to become the leader in global e-commerce FinTech. This role reports to the President.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Set the technology vision and lead the company’s technological development
- Present the company’s technology platform and vision to investors
- Build and manage world-class innovation, technology, and data science teams
- Create overall technology standards and practices
- Oversee all system design and system architecture
- Develop strategic plans and timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment
- Develop, track, and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
- Identify, compare, select, and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
- Build processes for data protection and quality assurance
- Develop and implement disaster and emergency recovery plans
- Stay on top of industry trends, technologies, and software development
- Ensure the company’s technological processes and service comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations
- Share technological visions, opportunities, and risks company-wide
- Represent the company at conferences and networking events
What You Bring to the Party
- Previous work experience as a CTO or similar leadership role
- In-depth understanding of the e-commerce & fintech sectors
- A “big picture” thinker able to use current technological trends to build a business strategy
- Expertise in and/or experience managing data science teams and projects
- Experience or desire to work in fast-paced environment
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Hands on experience with complex project management
- Effective negotiation and vendor management skills
- Master’s degree in information technology or a technology-related discipline preferred