We are the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion.
Are you excited about coding solutions, building features, and driving efficiency while working with an exceptional team? We rely on our dynamic and skilled team of engineers to provide solutions that unlock potential and drive innovation in our rapidly evolving environment.
As we expand our team we’re seeking engineers that thrive in a forward-thinking organization and are passionate about building products that drive measurable impact, while committing quality code and deconstructing complexities. We are looking for smart, thoughtful, collaborative technologists to help us reach our goals while delivering value and impact across our business.
- Join a team that is focused on delighting our customers, executing the organization's mission, and propelling our business forward. Build products utilizing Ruby on Rails, React and GraphQL
- Contribute to performance improvements and efficiencies - we believe speed is a feature and core skill.
- Respond to customer and business requests by evolving our existing products and identifying areas that would benefit from new initiatives.
- Decompose problems, design technical solutions and work with other talented engineers to implement, test, and evaluate your team’s work.
- Communicate with product managers, stakeholders and engineering teams to ensure mission clarity, and provide technical direction.
- Improve our user experience by increasing the capability and efficiency of our systems and products; based on research, data and metrics.
- Influence the team’s outcomes and direction by sharing ideas for improving the product, technology and/or process.
- Operate with scale and speed embracing new challenges and contributing to the development lifecycle.
- Have fun building meaningful software with awesome people.
What you’ll get from us:
- Strong experience and working knowledge of CSS fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases. Postgres? Even better.
- Flexible growth mindset, you’re willing to do what it takes to adapt, and you’re excited to learn a heck of a lot along the way.
- An appetite for learning, experimentation, relentless curiosity and an ability to leverage what you learn to make our products better.
- A thirst for personal and professional growth.
- A flexible, and pragmatic disposition.
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.