We are the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
If you are passionate about building and growing high-performing teams, while remaining committed to your technical craft, this may be the position for you. With prior management experience, you thrive on inspiring and leading others. You gauge your own success on the success (or failure) of your team, not your own accomplishments. As a manager, you operate with scale and speed, guiding the way for your team.
Our application platform team is responsible for foundational capabilities, building and maintaining services that serve workloads related to menus, orders, users, payments, identity and authentication, and third-party service integrations.
As a key manager in this domain, you’ll be setting our direction for years to come on these topics and a number of other fundamental tech capabilities, helping us to grow its engineering backbone and setting us up for the long haul.
- Build, lead, and mentor an exceptional team of software engineers, leading conversations, and cultivating execution and decision-making; all while delighting our customers and propelling our team of engineers to execute on projects.
- Drive the execution of our vision by translating business requirements into technical solutions. Ensuring our products are robust and adhere to the engineering standards while meeting our goals.
- Leverage your technical expertise and communication skills to collaborate with product managers and other engineering teams in the organization to influence our systems and roadmaps.
- Operate with scale and speed determining the ideal development lifecycle, technical design, and approach for new and existing solutions.
- Instill best practices for software development while delivering high-quality work by fostering pragmatism and urgency.
- Contribute technically: Brainstorm with engineers, design solutions, submit and review PRs.
- Have fun building meaningful software with awesome people.
- A passion for building and growing high-performing teams, prior management experience, and a desire to be an impactful leader.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring the performance metrics for our applications and systems.
- Extensive full-stack web development experience. Ideally from an eCommerce and/or SAAS setting.
- Working knowledge of modern server-side and client-side frameworks. Ruby, Rails, and React would be a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases. Postgres? Even better.
- Flexible growth mindset, you’re willing to do what it takes to adapt your team and power them for success.
- Goal orientation and a record of success leading engineers.
- Curiosity and a desire for building products that matter.
- A sharp mind, a soft heart, and a large funny bone.