WHAT YOU'LL DO
Our Director of Engineering is a career-defining opportunity to set the vision that shapes and inspires the people who craft the customer-facing technology that powers the future of our e-commerce strategy. As the Director of Engineering, you will build the technology and design the processes needed to bring our latest products to life, innovate and grow.
- All about the People: You will set the vision and execute a staffing plan that scales the Engineering organization by partnering with Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, and People Business Partners to ensure we are challenging the norm and exploring new ways to expand how we attain and retain top talent through opening diverse talent channels and developing mentorship structures that drive personal and professional development.
- Where leadership and partnership cross paths: You’ll proactively communicate technical roadmaps and strategy to the greater Tech organization as well as Marketing, Merchandising, and Creative cross-functional leaders to drive rapid innovation that shapes our business direction with a focus on increasing customer engagement. You’ll partner with key members of the Engineering management team to build out processes that yield maximum efficiency, optimize team structure for maximum delivery, and implement team level goals and objectives that drive productivity, transparency on priorities, and support a united team culture.
YOU'LL WORK WITH
Our storefront team is super impactful working in a collaborative iterative agile environment. We believe in providing the best possible experience we can with a technology focused culture that not only tries to lift the bar on features every sprint, but also stability and performance.
The brass tacks…
- You’ve successfully managed and scaled an engineering team and are experienced with vendor, contract, and budget management within a high-growth tech company.
- You’re experienced in managing modern web frameworks and Cloud-native architectures.
- You have a relentless drive to move forward quickly, balanced with the patience to lead through others and manage complexity.
- You have a passion for building high-quality solutions and cultivating engineering best practices in an agile environment.
How you lead, coach, and mentor…
- Extensive experience cultivating high-performing, lean agile teams balancing technical debt vs. feature development vs. supporting customers.
- Your actions are guided by a philosophy driven by data, iterative product development and continuous optimization.
- You’ve consistently built motivated and empowered cross-functional teams, putting an emphasis on career growth and development.
- You’re experienced in leveraging engineering expertise in cross-functional teams, helping others see the tradeoffs in key decisions.
- You have an execution focus based on iterative, incremental development that embraces taking calculated risks and learning from failure.
We combine world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.