Senior Software Developer
Location: Remote: Greater Boston, NYC, or Providence areas
We are hiring a senior-level software developer to join us in our mission. Great candidates can be full-stack developers or have a focus on back-end software development. We are currently interviewing candidates local to the Boston metropolitan area, Greater NYC area or in Providence, RI. We are looking for candidates that will be comfortable working remotely and able to join the Boston based teams for local meetings occasionally. The position reports to our Director of Software Development on our team that develops key architectural capabilities for the product and for other teams.
More than 15 million U.S. seniors struggle with loneliness and social isolation. That stress often triggers physical illnesses that have a $60 billion impact on healthcare for seniors. We were founded to give nearly 50 million older adults a chance to thrive emotionally and physically – and to help those in healthcare better serve them.
We are a digital platform, founded by a group of healthcare, insurance, and technology experts and infused with science-backed data. The end result? A community of members that are sponsored and validated by providers and drive by purpose, meaningful activities, and shared interests.
- Design, develop and deliver high-quality web applications and back-end services in partnership with engineering managers, product managers and peer developers
- Add new functionality to existing systems and services, while constantly working to improve usability, quality, performance and scalability
- Integrate with, and provide abstracted service layers for 3rd-party services and and tools
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and support to other team members
- Deliver constant value back to the business in a highly agile team
- Maintaining quality and reliability of our systems through code review, automated testing, and manual acceptance testing
- 4-5+ years experience in an agile and collaborative environment working in small teams to deliver incrementally
- Great Full Stack engineers will stand out with experience in system design and architecture beyond web server, CI/CD and automation, AWS infrastructure, SQL schema design and implementation (Postgres a plus), and an eye for security and performance
- Great Back-End-leaning specialists will stand out with experience in service architecture, database design, Node.js, and frameworks like NestJS, Express, Loopback, Sails, or similar
- Superior problem-solving skills with demonstrable history of autonomously delivering high quality, scalable and maintainable solutions
- Intrinsically motivated, independent thinker who works well alone or in group settings with minimal direct supervision
This Job is Right For You If:
- you love building it right, but also know when and how to deliver quickly
- You take pride in helping your team members exceed their expectations
- you thrive in mission-driven, high-growth environments