This software development position requires versatility, flexibility, and attention to detail. It includes the design, development, and support of both new and existing platform features, as well as working closely with the Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to ensure delivery of quality software.
The Senior Software Engineer will perform the following duties:
- Design, document, and write code to technical specifications to implement high performance data processing systems, data warehouse analytics and feed processing.
- Work closely with Product Managers to define and refine the partner product requirements.
- Develop supporting functional and unit tests, and collaborate with QA and Operations teams to ensure proper test coverage and production monitoring/support activities.
- Responsible for fixing bugs and writing feature enhancements.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in the design, development, documentation, and deployment of high performance, high availability applications using Java, Mule ESB, Spring and web services.
- 4+ years of experience designing applications and schemas utilizing relational databases such as MySQL.
- Familiar with source code control management systems, including branching and merging of code.
- Strong Linux experience.
- Solid comprehension of hardware, software, database technologies and networking solutions.
- Strong understanding of and experience with all stages of software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, verification, deployment, and sustainment.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written, and verbal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, prioritize, and problem solve.
- Solid organizational and analytical skills.
- Minimum of BS/MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the SaaS applications space.
- Experience using Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Experience with Java EE, Hibernate and JPA technologies.
- Experience with Maven and Ant build processes.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins).
- Experience with e-commerce applications, ad networks, shopping search or targeting, analytics/reporting/Data Warehouse applications, online affiliate marketing, SEO/SEM, and email marketing.
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, FishEye, Confluence) is a plus.
We seek people who share our values of customer focus, high-quality standards, dedication, independence, and a fun work environment. Everyone is empowered and responsible for innovating, building, and producing.