We are currently seeking an engineer to work on our RTB (Real Time Bidding) system. This role will include designing a distributed system capable of analyzing billions of data points across hundreds of thousands of bidding opportunities per second in an extremely low latency window (ex 80 ms or less). Working in RTB systems require creativity and out of the box thinking.
Candidates should be passionate about high-performance computing and welcome the opportunity to solve extremely complex problems. This role will require flexibility and adaptability to handle multiple project requirements and make appropriate technical decisions at a very rapid pace. The role will also include learning about and interfacing with various parties in the adtech ecosystem.
- Design, develop and own core architectural components with a focus on end to end system performance
- Develop highly distributed, concurrent and reliable systems that support millions of dollars in ad spend
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to scale and distribute fault tolerant components of the RTB across many machines and handle updates to millions of objects in real time
- Experience with exposure on numerous ad exchanges
- Experience with a continuous release cycle and fast production
- Solid foundation leading designs of large Object Oriented Software Systems
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL systems, for example MySQL & Memcached, Cassandra
- Experience with Facebook APIs a plus
- Experience with adtech a plus
- 5+ years developing in object oriented language, ideally Java or C++
- 5+ years of experience building performance oriented, high availability, enterprise class systems
- B.S., M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience is preferred