We employ cutting-edge NLP technologies to empower America's knowledge workers with in depth profiles on millions of business people and companies. We will find people you know and those you need to know. As a Java Engineer on our Data Generation team, you will be responsible for improving the data thousands of customers see every day.
In case you hadn’t noticed, we take a different approach than our competitors for how we get our data. Instead of relying exclusively on human editors, we leverage the power of NLP and Machine Learning to continually update our database of 50 million people and 5 million companies. You’ll get to work with cutting-edge technologies and a tremendously large (and fantastically rich) data set. If you like working on tough problems, whether that’s how to build systems that handle millions of customer requests per day or how to make sense of over a billion pieces of potentially correlated data, we're the right place for you!
- Be a major player in a company that's on the cutting-edge of semantic technology
- Work with cutting-edge technology like EC2, Hadoop, Solr, JBoss, and Hibernate
- Work with enormous data sets. Our database has over 10 billion records extracted from the Web
- Learn NLP & Machine Learning techniques, such as data mining and Bayesian classifiers
- Solve interesting and challenging problems alongside a great team of engineers
- Develop new skills as you push your knowledge - and our technology - to new levels
- Work for a profitable, growing company that works with an impressive Fortune 500 client list
- A strong knowledge of Java
- Experience with: Java EE, JMS, Hibernate, Spring, Junit
- Eager to learn new technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra, Solr, Jenkins, etc.
- Interested in NLP & Machine Learning technologies/techniques like OWL/ontologies, RDF, SPARQL, naive Bayesian classifiers, data mining, machine learning, clustering/tag clouds, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL data stores is a plus
- Experience with big data and data analysis is a plus
- A mindset that research should lead to actionable results
- Excited to tell us why you want to work here and what kinds of challenges you're looking for
- Can talk intelligently and passionately about the interesting challenges your projects presented
- A sense of humor and perspective
- 3-10+ years industry experience, B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent