The Automation Test Team leverages a number of technologies, and while Python is our predominant scripting language, we use the tools Selenium, JIRA, Eclipse IDE, MySQL etc. You will be rewarded by enhancing your development and design chops, and your leadership skills.
- Analyzes requirements and designs to assist Development in design process, to look at overall project.
- Provides reliable and accurate task estimates for assigned work without necessary review.
- Implements fundamental automation, test tools, and/or SQA process for assigned projects/systems.
- Documents test cases thoroughly, and provide feedback to development on technical documentation (other engineers may use this documentation as a guideline for testing and training).
- Assists in the review of technical documentation by working closing with Development teams.
- Regresses complicated bugs in existing systems, and aids in troubleshooting live issues, as requested.
- Coordinates the communication of bug resolution as well as occasionally hosting bug triages to help determine priority.
- Conducts automation and test tool code reviews, as well as test plan reviews for Engineers and other SDET’s.
- Collaborates with development on technical design discussions on own systems and contributes heavily to design discussions of others’ systems.
- Shows strong initiative in seeking out opportunities to identify and deal with issues in both the systems they own as well as the systems other people own.
- Assists in mentoring and/or educating junior engineers in best practices, proprietary technology, and in newest technology and methods.
- Contributes to SQA policy-making discussions as requested.
- Works independently with minimal direction.
- Typically has 5-8 years of professional QA engineering experience with a strong automation background.
- Proficient at coding in Python and using the following tools (Groovy, Selenium, JIRA or Eclipse IDE).
- Expert knowledge of SQL (MySQL), Linux/Unix.
- Possesses the experience and capacity to develop and maintain multiple systems (including test strategies, test cases/plans, and tools) at the same time.
- Is competent in concepts of Quality Assurance and software development, Agile and Test Driven Development.