We don't just build software; we're changing the way people use energy. We innovate through hack-a-thons and company-wide initiatives to build software that provides insight into one of the most complex areas of today – Energy.
We have an immediate opening for a Software Engineer, focusing on developing web applications with an emphasis on user interfaces (UI) using HTML/JS/CSS. You will work closely with our other developers, QA, and product management on full-stack development opportunities. This position requires a broad knowledge of computer science and software engineering as well as diverse development principles.
• Develops user-centric client applications and supporting RESTful backend services.
• Participates in developing, testing, and deploying clean code in a DevOps environment.
• Authors and maintains technical specifications.
• Performs other duties as required.
• 3+ years of experience developing web applications.
• Experience developing SaaS-based web applications using an Agile/Scrum methodology.
• Some experience with development tools such as SASS, Compass, LESS, Modernizr, Grunt, and Git.
• B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Protractor, Selenium, Java, node.js, D3.js, Adobe/Apache Flex, SQL, and/or Spring MVC.
• Experience with cloud deployment (AWS), Apache HTTP Server, Jenkins, Maven, and/or Behavior-Driven Development (BDD).
• Experience with WebStorm, Eclipse, and/or Sublime.
• Experience developing in OSX environment.