We are changing the way business information is found and managed, and the Web Applications team builds the tools that make our business information available to the world at large. Our mission is to build attractive and easy-to-use tools that empower America's knowledge workers by enabling responsive access to in-depth profiles on millions of business people and companies, and to do it in a way that drives increasing traffic to our web sites. In addition, we collaborate with the Data Generation team to explore and implement ways to improve the quality and quantity of data that thousands of our customers see every day.
As a Software Engineer on the Web Applications team, you’ll get to explore and work with cutting-edge technologies and a tremendously large (and fantastically rich) data set. If you like working on tough problems, whether that’s building systems that handle millions of customer requests per day or how to make sense of over a billion pieces of potentially correlated data, then we could be the right place for you!
- Be a major player in a company that's on the cutting-edge of semantic technology
- Write high-volume server applications (full stack)
- Build slick and responsive Web UI tools that can handle millions of requests a day
- Work with cutting-edge technology like EC2, Hadoop, Solr, JBoss, Hibernate, Angular, D3 etc
- Work with enormous data sets. Our database has over 10 billion records extracted from the Web
- Solve interesting and challenging problems alongside a great team of engineers
- Develop new skills as you push your knowledge, and our technology, to new levels
- Work for a profitable, growing company that works with an impressive Fortune 500 client list
- 2-5 years industry experience, B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience writing high-volume web applications (full stack)
- A strong knowledge of Java
- Writing multi-threaded or distributed programs is a plus. You know how to make your code scale.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: J2EE, JMS, Hibernate, Spring, Struts, Junit
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Solr/Lucene is a plus
- Good presentation skills. You should be able to talk intelligently and passionately about the interesting challenges your projects presented
- You should be able to tell us why you want to work here and what kinds of challenges you're looking fo