As part of this position, you will work closely with architects, software engineers and operations to design, build, deploy, manage and operate our development, test and production environments. You will build and maintain tools to ensure our applications meet our stringent SLA's in a fast paced culture with a passion to learn and contribute. We are a looking for a strong engineer with a can do attitude.
- You will build and maintain tools and programs to operate, deploy and monitor our distributed platform
- Assist the dev team in implementing best practices for software build and deployment.
- Manage and improve our Jenkins and Puppet infrastructure.
- Assist with environment setup, automation, and streamlining the standup and scaleout of infrastructure.
- Develop and improve our monitoring and alerting systems
- Assist with organization wide security considerations.
- Assist with capacity planning and load testing of our applications.
- Automate the deployment of our platform and all the systems it depends on.
- 2 - 10 years of strong background in Linux Administration (preferably Debian based distributions such as Ubuntu)
- Strong experience with MySQL & any of the following NoSQL technologies Cassandra, Redis, Hadoop
- 2 - 3 years of strong experience with one of the following languages (Ruby and/or Python, Perl)
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code. Experience with infrastructure as code open source software is a plus.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required, Open Stack experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of best practices for running high scale and availability applications on the cloud
- Experience with monitoring tools like Nagios or xymon is a plus
- Experience with Continuous integration/delivery tools like Jenkins is a plus
- Experience with security best practices is a plus
Comp & Benefits
- Competitive comp based on experience level
- Healthcare HMO & PPO
- Stock options and 401k
- Flexible Spending and Transit Reimbursement Accounts