Senior Platform Software Developer
We are currently seeking self-motivated Senior Software Engineers to join their growing engineering team, located in downtown Boston, Ma. The ideal candidate will be experienced with solving complex business problems as well as developing high performance, data driven back end systems. This position will require flexibility and adaptability to handle multiple project requirements and make appropriate technical decisions at a very rapid pace.
What you will do:
What makes you perfect for this role:
- Design and develop core architectural components using good Object Oriented programming practices and Design Patterns.
- Develop rock-solid services for internal consumers.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Focus on Unit-testing, writing testable code, and dependency injection to maximize code testability.
- Optimize large queries, diagnose DB performance problems and apply SQL best practices to maximize system performance.
- Design new database tables, systems and software components for future development.
- Identify new technologies that improve product development.
- Work with a great team solving hard problems.
A few extras that really put you ahead of the pack:
- Excellent software design and coding skills.
- Excellent foundation leading designs of large Object Oriented Software Systems in PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails or Java.
- Ability to read and write data from various MySQL, memcached, Redis or additional data stores.
- 5+ years of experience building enterprise products with cutting edge technologies.
- 5+ years of hands on experience with database design and optimization using Postgres, MySQL, SQLServer or Oracle.
- B.S., M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Apache and Memcached.
- Experience with Facebook APIs is a plus.
- Experience with Advertising Technology is a plus.