We don't just build software; we're changing the way people use energy. We innovate through hack-a-thons and company-wide initiatives to build software that provides insight into one of the most complex areas of today – Energy.
We have an immediate opening for a Software Engineer in Test, focusing on developing automated tests for our software. You will use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence software design, promote proper engineering practices, testability, and other advanced quality concepts within our product suite.
• Assist with the team’s test effort from planning and organization to execution and delivery. Develop effective test strategies.
• Write moderately complex code to test systems.
• Work with team members to keep testing at the forefront of our SDLC.
• Demonstrate intuition and knowledge about how to find unanticipated behaviors through exploratory testing, apply this knowledge with measurable result to improve the product's quality, and translate these newly discovered behaviors into automated tests.
• Drive further adoption of unit/integration/system testing using cucumber and selenium, metrics to monitor code coverage, bug prevention strategies, and other quality measures.
• As an active member of our Agile teams, partner with Software Developers, Product Managers, and other Test Engineers to identify the components of the system to be automated.
• Participate in ongoing process improvement efforts
• Mentor other team members
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field, or equivalent years of experience in quality assurance.
• 5+ years of experience in software testing and quality assurance.
• Excellent Java coding skills.
• Working knowledge of SQL.
• Demonstrated ability to create a successful application automation test suites that are sustainable and extensive.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; commitment to delivering great software and releasing it quickly, efficiently and with increasing quality.
• Ability to work independently, as well as within a team.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• 2+ years using test automation frameworks ie: Cucumber, FitNesse, TestNG, and Selenium
• 3+ years experience writing tests in Java and/or JUnit development
• 2+ years experience with Source Code Management like CVS, Git or SubVersion
• 2+ years in an Agile environment
• 1+ years experience with scripting /programming languages;
• Working knowledge of Jenkins