Our smart sensors produce huge amounts of data that needs to be tracked, stored and processed in both real time and batch. The goal: help our users with helpful and meaningful feedback as well as medicine and science through aggregate knowledge/patterns extraction.
In order to make this possible, a scalable, highly available backend and API are required. We need a team of passionate “A-team” engineers to help us build and nurture them as they grow.
If you blend deep technical knowledge with enthusiasm about state-of-the-art technology and you have experience building scalable, high-volume web services and/or data analytics solutions in a fast growing environment, we would very much like to speak with you about a Software Development role here!
Role and Responsibilities
- Architect and develop data processing application layer for scalable SaaS platform
- responsible for I/O of biometric, lifestyle data and transactional data.
- Specify and implement APIs and other I/O interfaces for data queuing, NoSQL storage, and application-to-application data exchange.
- Communicate and work closely with management to schedule and drive delivery of feature sets, estimate task timeframes, and follow agile iteration processes.
- Research and evaluate new technologies to be used as enhancements or upgrades to existing server clusters, computing applications and other IT infrastructure components.
- Document code and maintain applications as new functionality is developed and new deployments and revisions rolled out.
Qualifications / Requirements
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years building scalable web applications / web services.
- Ability to effectively and independently own areas of development and contribute to
- development deliverables as part of a team.
- Strong communication / internal service skills
OS / STACK:
- Experience and familiarity using UNIX based systems
- Experience on services running behind Apache or Nginx proxies
BACK END PROGRAMMING:
- Java experience is a must
- Scala experience is a big plus
- Python experience would be desirable
- Play Framework for Java/Scala
- Django for Python
- Experience with NoSQL tools is required (Cassandra, Hbase, Redis or similar)
- Experience working with relational databased is required (MySQL, Oracle or similar)
- Experience with clustering / distributed systems (Spark, Mahout, Lucene, Kafka, Storm or similar)
- Familiarity with IaaS and platform vendors
- AWS stack – including EC2 and S3
- Heroku, othe