If you don't look forward to going to work each day, then what's the point* Take a walk around our offices and you ll see a serious group of professionals who don t take themselves too seriously. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross functional meeting or at one of our impromptu parties.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact. And a commitment to having fun. Join one of the Boston Globe s 2014 Best Places to Work!
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to be a key member of the Cloud Operations team. You will be working with engineering to design and implement new automation and tools that accelerate the deployment of software-as-a-service product offerings, while maintaining high availability. Your personal philosophy is that everything should be automated.
This position will report to Manager, Cloud Infrastructure, and will be located either in our Headquarters office in Lexington, MA.
WHAT YOU LL BE DOING:
* Identify areas of missing tools and automation and propose solutions.
* Working with engineering, gather requirements for new tools and automation that improve and accelerate development agility.
* Design, architect, and author new tools based on those requirement using a high-level programming language (Ruby, Python, Java)
* Add and improve the automation that controls the deployment of new software to our infrastructure.
* Work with developers to deploy development and production versions of the software.
* Design, develop, and enhance monitoring solutions to ensure high availability and a high quality of service.
* Build cloud infrastructure instances to support our SaaS offerings.
* Troubleshoot issues in both development and production environments.
* Work in a distributed, fast moving development team.
* Participate in an on-call rotation to support 24x7 coverage of our service offerings.
* Contribute to future Cloud initiatives inside of the company.
What you need for this position:
* Strong background in Linux/Unix systems administration, understanding of the components of software infrastructure, including networking, virtualization, databases (both SQL and noSQL technologies) web and application servers.
* An understanding of the software development process and lifecycle.
* An understanding of the software deployment lifecycle for production systems in highly available, zero downtime environments.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* A demonstrated history of designing and implementing new automation and tools that enable faster, more reliable deployment of the software into the cloud or remove the drudgery of everyday task using either Ruby, Python, or Java.
* Experience with using revision control as a part of your day-to-day development workflow.
* An ability to listen and analyze the needs of internal customers and translate that to maintainable, automated solutions.
* Experience with building out a highly available, resilient, and reliable Amazon Web Services cloud infrastructure using automation.
* Familiarity with Linux containers (Docker) a large plus
We have a top notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!