We are the leading provider of comprehensive data backup, recovery and business continuity solutions with over five million customers and 8,000 partners worldwide. With its Total Data Protection Platform business data is protected everywhere it resides, whether on premise, in virtualized environments, in the cloud, and software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications including Salesforce, Google Apps, and more. We store over 180 petabytes of cloud data worldwide for businesses ranging from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses.
Our core technologies such as instant virtualization, Screenshot Backup Verification™, Inverse Chain Technology™, Backup Insights™, and end-to-end encryption are the cornerstones of its innovative solutions. Industry firsts also include 24/7/365 in-house tech support, white glove customer success support, and time-based cloud retention, that empowers its partners with predictable cloud billing.
Some of our engineers use Mac OS X with Vim, some others use Linux with Sublime. We believe that engineers choose the best tools that work for them. Our technology stack makes extensive use of Ruby, Redis, Cassandra, and PostgreSQL.
- Develop, design, and implement scalable and future-proof software solutions.
- Enhance the company’s internal and client facing web portals.
- Solve interesting and challenging problems from refactoring to design and testing.
- Audit, evaluate, and refactor existing legacy code.
- Participate in a fast-paced agile software development lifecycle.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7-10 years of professional experience delivering production software
- Significant experience working within a SaaS model
- Background managing large data stores
- Prior experience with large-scale systems / deployments
- Experience with big-data, NoSQL DBs or MapReduce
- Understanding of encryption and data security standards
- Strong hands-on engineering skills
- Comfortable at a Linux prompt
- Solid understanding of Git
- Excellent knowledge of server side and backend best practices
- Engage with TDD and BDD regularly
Our people are our greatest asset, which is why we offer a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Above and beyond the typical medical, dental and vision, we also offer a generous 401k plan with a significant employer match, unlimited paid time off, educational reimbursement, fitness reimbursement, and travel subsidies for commuters. We have a patent rewards program and various other fun perks and fringe benefits, including free lunch every Friday in all of our offices globally.