We are revolutionizing programmatic advertising at a time when all sides of the media equation feel overwhelmed by the tidal wave and complexity of programmatic inventory. We deliver heightened efficiency and transparency for buyers and sellers amidst the rapid rise of programmatic advertising.
We're scaling up our infrastructure and we're looking for operations engineers to help us design and build the kind of infrastructure that can process billions of events every day. You'll be part of a fast growing team located in the heart of Boston and every day your actions will directly contribute to our success. The team values engineers that are enthusiastic about learning and sharing knowledge, view software development as a craft, and are comfortable open sourcing software.
Our current technology stack includes, but is not limited to:
- Docker, Ansible
- Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL
You'll help the operations team develop the tools and automation to rapidly deploy our software in a variety of environments, as well as constantly help engineering to monitor and improve the performance of our key low latency, high throughput software. You will work closely with engineering every day to constantly deliver improvements to our customers. The kinds of things you will be involved with every day include:
- Improving the management and orchestration of our docker containers
- Deep performance tuning and monitoring of JVM based applications
- Writing custom ansible modules to improve our ability to automate everything
- Helping improve and building our pipeline of automated performance and integration tests
- Developing and supporting open sourced software as we scale up the team
The kinds of skills we're looking for are often listed as "devops" skills, and include (but aren't limited to!)
- Automation experience (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, bcfg2)
- A language like Python or Ruby. (Bonus points for Elixir!)
- Prior use of AWS (we're using it for automated loadtesting)
- Excitement at getting up to speed with Docker and containers in general