Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a SaaS technology company with a mission to unleash the power of the people-centric web. Our platform enables brands to enter the new world of Context-Driven Marketing and build meaningful relationships with those impacting their business and category.
Our SaaS platform is used by Fortune 500 companies across a variety of industries including Energy, Travel and Hospitality, Financial Services, Software, Consumer Goods, Retail, and Pharmaceuticals. A majority of the top Communications Agencies use our product. We are growing rapidly in terms of recurring revenue and the size of our customer base in North America, Europe, and Asia.
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Software Engineer to join our core search engine team. You'll be involved with all aspects of our distributed back-end systems including: ingesting data from various web sources (APIs, web crawls, etc), scaling our data processing pipeline, data processing queues, data indexing with Elasticsearch and data querying using information retrieval and analytics techniques. You know what it takes to build, administer and grow distributed software systems and can hit the ground running.
You should be interested in or have experience with several of the following
- Deep understanding of Core Java and how to performance tune JVM based apps (required)
- AWS or similar IaaS cloud services
- Lucene, Elasticsearch or Solr (prior experience with Elasticsearch a huge plus)
- NoSQL DB engines (MongoDB a plus)
- Messaging systems (RabbitMQ a plus)
- Scaling distributed data systems
- Optimizing applications, both stand-alone and in distributed systems to maximize performance
- Clear articulation to your team of your design choices
- Comfortable with doing frequent internal pull request reviews
- Scrum master experience a big plus
- Mentoring experience a big plus
Your professional aspirations
- You have a strong interest in scaling distributed data systems such as Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra or others
- You have a strong interest in open-source search engines such as Lucene and Elasticsearch
What makes you get up in the morning
- You roll up your sleeves and dive head first into new challenges and technologies
- You leverage OSS software but also contribute back to it
- You like using technology to empower people