We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to coordinate and manage the efforts of 2-3 development teams (6-10 people) on the greater Engineering team. This will be a hybrid of technical and people management with an emphasis on people and process. The teams are made up of Tech Leads and individual contributors at all experience levels.
- Manage the professional growth, performance, onboarding and resource planning for your entire team
- Directly manage Tech Leads and individual contributors
- Implement engineering practices and processes to deliver on key initiatives
- Defining and developing concrete goals and product features from user requirements and high-level product direction
We created our company to transform the way companies manage and share e-commerce product content.
We provide cloud-based product content management solutions that make it easy for manufacturers, distributors, and retailers to exchange high-quality content that drives online results. The company was founded in late 2012 by a team with deep experience in commerce, online search, and the semantic web.
We’re confronting hard technology problems inherent in a decentralized, peer-to-peer model head-on—problems that traditional approaches have steered clear of. We embrace the lessons of open source development, letting users branch, pull, annotate, fork, and edit product content within and across organizations. And, critically, we make it easy enough for anyone to use.
We’re a startup in Boston and a team with decades of experience powering the top e-commerce sites in the world. We’re striving to create a remarkable company, and we’re only just getting started.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in a Scrum (or similar) environment
- Experience leading a technical team through problems big and small
- Experience working on web stack frameworks, especially in a B2B SaaS setting
- Familiarity with monitoring, and managing a cloud-hosted SaaS application
- Proven track record of delivery against predictable milestones
- Interest in contributing to the code base occasionally
- Passion for meeting talented engineers and leading their recruitment experience
- Computer Science degree preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Medical and Dental
- Stock Options
- Flexible spending plans
- Disability and Life insurance
- Generous vacation time
- And more CommutBenefits