Based in San Francisco, we are a SaaS technology company with a mission to unleash the power of the people-centric web. Our platform enables brands to enter the new world of Context-Driven Marketing and build meaningful relationships with those impacting their business and category.
We are funded by super angels and have already built a solid line of revenue. Over 150 paid customers have already signed up, including AARP, Adidas, Anheuser Busch, EMC, Fidelity, Nickelodeon, oDesk, Orange, SAP, and Zendesk.
We are looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to spearhead the management and scaling of our increasingly growing AWS infrastructure. You'll work hand-in-hand with the rest of the engineering and ops teams and you will be the one leading the way to automating everything from our continuous integration and deployment builds to EC2, machine procurement, clustering, monitoring, tuning and security. If you like the idea of being at the heart of scaling a new generation search engine company then drop us a line.
You should be interested in or have experience with several of the following
- Configuring, maintaining and securing UNIX/Linux systems
- AWS or similar IaaS cloud services
- Scripting (shell, python, ruby) skills for monitoring and automation
- Infrastructure automation (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Juju, etc) and virtualization (Docker, Vagrant, VMWare, etc)
- Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Hudson, etc
- Monitoring and alerting tools such as Munin, New Relic, Monitis, Ganglia, etc
- Scaling distributed data systems
- Optimizing applications, both stand-alone and in distributed systems to maximize performance
- Maintaining an infrastructure while adding new features to it
- Clear articulation to your team of your design choices
Your professional aspirations
- You want to work in a startup environment
- You have a strong interest in scaling distributed data systems such as Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra or others
What makes you get up in the morning
- You roll up your sleeves and dive head first into new challenges and technologies
- You leverage OSS software but also contribute back to it
- You like using technology to empower people